Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bills and Things

Ever think about how much money you would have if you didn't have to pay your bills? Well I think about that ALOT!! Especially when I sit down to pay bills! I cringe every time I open the mailbox and see my water bill....And for good reason! We have come to the conclusion that we must have a water leak somewhere, but cant do anything about it until the ground thaws....yet another reason why I am praying for this snow to melt! Since November we have paid a whopping 660$ in water alone! When I think what I could do with 600 dollars I want to cry:( That is like 4 plane tickets home to see my family....I'm sure I could buy a whole new wardrobe or at least get a good start on one! Or it would totally pay for a nice weekend away with Adam.....But nope it payed for  WATER!!! I have become the water nazi. 4 minute showers for the boys, and I swear I say a hundred times a day "TURN THE WATER OFF, do you want to pay my water bill???" Its totally frustrating. I got my bill again yesterday and guess what another 225$ bill. My sister, who lives about 10 miles away and has a family of 6 and is on the same water we are is paying roughly 65$ a month....yep 65$!!!!! When I called the water co 2 months ago I was told our usage was pretty normal....REALLY???? on what planet??? I could see if it was summer and we were watering our whole yard, had a small farm, and 15 kids....But its winter, we have 3 kids, and no farm!! I'm calling them again today to see if they can work with me. But I'm not holding my breath! On another note....I pay my bills, on time, EVERY month so why is it I have to get collection calls for someone who doesn't?? Just because I have the same last name as said person doesn't mean I am in contact with him or could make him pay his bills just because I am!! Its so irritating to me that I get bothered DAILY when it isn't me that owes the money. Ok rant over :)

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

That's ONE bill I don't have to pay! We have a well and although it isn't the best...it's free! Sorry it's so expensive!!