Thursday, January 24, 2013

~WINTER~

~WINTER~
 
 
Winter has never been my favorite time of year. I am more of a Spring and Summer kind of girl. I really enjoy Fall as well. I mean who doesn't? The kids are finally back in school after a long lazy summer, and the weather is starting to turn cool and crisp. PERFECT! That's what I am used to anyway! I remember back in October starting to feel a little irritated. It was still pretty hot here and I was ready to pull out my hoodies and warmer clothes...{I LOVE me some hoodies!!} I remember saying to my sister at the time that I wished it would cool down so I could enjoy my Fall, and her laughing and saying be careful what you wish for!! Well lesson learned! It has been a beyond Frigid winter!! I am tired of being cold, the snow is no longer pretty and school was cancelled today for ice. I cant say I miss the rain (I DON'T!!!) but I do miss the mild winter temps of Washington. I cant even describe how cold its been. I guess the best way is to say 28 feels like a heat wave, sort of! Over winter break it was in the negatives, to cold to even go outside! We tried to sit in our hot tub one night, but it was so cold our faces froze so I haven't attempted it again in about 3 weeks :(  I am trying to deal with it the best way I can and not complain to much, but dang I am DONE with it!!
Adam and the kids have definitely enjoyed all the snow, and have a new love....snowmobiling! I never imagined being able to do such a thing in our own yard but that's exactly what they have been doing! That and snowboarding. We have a couple really good hills close to home so they have gotten to do alot of it!  Addison has even decided to learn how so he can be part of all the fun his dad and brothers have! He is trying really hard and I am so happy that he is! He tends to take after me and doesn't much enjoy being outside in the cold :)
I am reading alot, and just trying to stay positive. This move has been incredibly hard on me, and I let myself forget how blessed we are to be here and  have the stability we have so needed all these years. I am totally fine when Adam is home, but the days he works I just sit and dwell on all the things I am missing at home. Yes I still consider Chehalis to be my home, maybe one day I wont, but for now I do!
Adam still LOVES his job, and is always saying he cant believe they pay him to do it. He has advanced really fast and is a trainer now too. Most of the time he likes it, but he does get guys who just don't get it and drive him crazy.
We have some exciting things coming up, and we plan on spending alot of this summer in Washington with friends and family. And 2 fun weddings in August and September that I am so excited for! We may not make it to both since they are only a month apart and in Oregon, but we are going to try our hardest! Adams boss makes fun of him because he always has so much notice when he needs days off...I cant help it, I have a lot of time on my hands to plan our trips :) First up Palm Springs for spring break!! I cant wait!! Family, Friends, Sun, and FUN!!




{that is an ice cicle!!!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mama..
Looks fun!