Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2 posts in 2 days....I am on a roll :) yesterday I was pretty bored, and feeling a little yucky....Thanks for sharing your cold AJ!! So I spent a while surfing blogs. One that I read was by one of my sisters friends who moved to Canada probably about a year ago. Iv read it a few times since she moved and can relate to alot of her feelings about being in a new place so far from home, and trying to find where you fit. I readily admit most of my facebook posts and blogs since we have moved here are pretty negative. I haven't found my place here, and spend most of my days alone bored out of my mind. Mostly because I'm pretty shy, and cant seem to step out of my comfort zone to make friends. Iv been here going on 8 months now. In that time I could have just about grown another human, but cant seem to get over my feelings of not fitting. Sure I have met a lot of people, but that's about as far as it goes. Anyway I kind of got off  track....Back to that blog I read yesterday! It was something along the lines of focusing on the donut, not the hole. Or in other words don't dwell on the negative, but on the positive instead! I don't know what it was about that wording, but a light bulb went off! I have, as much as I try not to, been way to focused on the hole!! So in this post I am going to list my favorite things about being here, so when I have a bad day I can read them and do a little more focusing on that donut :)

  1. Stability.....this one is HUGE for us! Adam has always had good jobs, that have supported us pretty well for the most part, but there was always feast and famine. I had to do some serious creative budgeting for most of our marriage. Old habits die hard, but I am so relieved to have financial stability!!!
  2. Medical benefits....Another huge one! We had not had them for over 3 years. Thankfully our family is really healthy and we didn't have any major catastrophes in those years! The day Adam started his job, our benefits started and they are CHEAP compared to today's standards!
  3. Retirement plan.....I wont have to be a greeter at Wal Mart when we are old!! YIPPEE :)
  4. Addison is so happy here!! He has made a couple good friends and just seems more in his element:)
  5. We bought our first home....There are definitely perks to renting that I miss, but its kind of cool to be a homeowner!
  6. My sister Michelle....I guess you could say we follow my sisters, and this move has put us close to Michelle and her family! I cant imagine being here without her!
  7. All the fun the boys are having in this snowy place!
  8. All the time Adam and I get to spend together. He really is my best friend, he spoils me rotten, loves me unconditionally, and I couldn't do this life thing without him!
  9. Ethan has started piano lessons and amazes me how good he is at it! Jessica is teaching him and I hope he continues with it for a long long time! The best part of being at both my sisters houses is when Arianne or Jessica or Austin sit down and starts playing! BEAUTIFUL!!!

That's all I can think of for now, but its a good start!
 
 
Focus on the donut!!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I LOVE the "focus on the donut and not the hole!" I'm gonna have to use that one! I'm happy for all the positive things that are happening for you there! I would love to come and visit sometime... Miss and Love you bunches!!