Thursday, August 4, 2011

SUMMER TIME!!!

Do I dare say it?? I'm not sure I should.....but yes folks I do believe SUMMER is finally here. She is only a couple months late, and she isn't as warm as I like but Ill take it!!!:)

This summer vacation has been chalk full of fun and we have been BUUSSSYYYY!! Adam is working mad hours like always, but this year he is far away from home. We miss him like crazy so staying busy has been a definite blessing!!
Summer started out with Addison going to the college for An Actors Life for Me. He was there from 9-3 everyday for 2 weeks, he learned alot,had a ton of fun!! At the end of the 2 weeks he had a performance. I was kinda worried because his age group did a Broadway musical medley and AJ really isn't a singer. But MAN did my kid blow me away!! He did AWESOME!!!
The very next week he left for scout camp!! I still cant believe we both survived a whole week apart! I stressed the whole time about EVERYTHING!! But turns out I was worried for nothing and he had the time of his life!! One funny story we heard is that he was stuck in the kibo for 20 minutes with no toilet paper.....lesson learned for him!! Check for tp before you go:)
Aj has been wanting contacts for a while now, so after he got home and his leader told us what a great kid he was on the trip I caved and took him in to get them! He looks so grown up!! and unbelievably handsome!!
Kyler did a basketball camp for a week at the beginning of summer and I think he may have found a new favorite sport....thank goodness he still loves soccer too, because I sure LOVE to watch him play!!
Besides the camps we have made quite a few trips to Hermiston to see Adam. My favorite one so far was last weekend!! My sisters and mom kept the kids while I went all by myself!!! It was much needed and soooooo fun!! We really didn't do anything at all, just spent a bunch of time driving around, we did visit some good friends for a bit, but mostly just enjoyed each others company. He really is my best friend, and we had the best time just being alone together!!
My sister Michelle was in town for a week and I cant say enough how much I LOVE being with my sisters and their kids! Our kids all love to be together too which makes it that much better when we all get together!! So many laughs and great memories!! I cant wait till the next time!!

Well this is getting pretty long so last thing I'm going to say is we are all so so so EXCITED for our family vacation coming up in 73 days.....we are going to DISNEY WORLD!!!! we are going for 8 days, its the longest vacation we have ever been on as a family and we can not wait!!
Here's hoping SUNNY summer is here to stay for the month of August:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for summer weather! I am so happy to see the sun also and spend more time at the pool with you!