Thursday, June 9, 2011







So much for doing better at this blogging thing.....





ANYHOOO~





A couple weeks ago Rene told us that they were selling their kid's dirt bikes in an upcoming garage sale.....Immediately Adam says don't bother Ill take them! Well my sister took the signs I was giving very well and the subject was dropped. Later that night when we got home I made what I thought was a very strong argument as to why we did NOT need to get our boys a dirt bike and the subject was dropped.....and I chalked it up to another victory for me......or so I thought! The next week went by and I didn't think anything else about it, until Friday morning when I got a text from my sister asking if we wanted the dirt bikes and if we did I should go tell the lady having the sale that they were sold. So being the good wife that I am {and thinking I already won this argument} because I had never gotten a definite answer from my husband I figured I better let him know they were going up for sale that day{again, I thought I had already persuaded him against buying them} I didn't want to risk him being upset with me for not reminding him they were being sold. BIG mistake, not only did he want them he was ADAMANT that he was buying them with or with out my approval.....WOW that never happens!! So after a heated argument and me realizing just how important it was to him for our boys to have dirt bikes.....he compared it to my always wanting them to have nice clothes and shoes.....we reached a compromise and bought one of the 2 bikes for sale. I am so GLAD we did!! I only watched the boys ride for a few seconds...at this point that's all I can handle....but the sheer joy on all their faces made it all worth it for me!! My husband was right, and I'm so glad I was persuaded to see things his way!! The thought of the boys riding still makes me VERY nervous, but hopefully one day I will get over it and be able to watch them going full speed around our back yard!! Until then Ill just look at the pictures Adam takes of them:)

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Yeah...you do get use to it. But there will always be that hint of nervousness pumping through your vains. I'm excited to get these little riders together! I'll cover your eyes for you.

Shelly's Space said...

Glad it worked out for the good....of course I am nervous about everything too....but letting go is good for you AND the boys:) Hey....they probably think you're the best mom in the world, and that alone is worth it!