Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Life....for now:)

I always debate the color of my post for a good 2 minutes before I post.....is that weird?? Just wondering....:)
ANyhoo.......Why does my shower always break and the toilet always clog when no one but me is around to fix it??? The toilet clogging, I can handle on my own {tho lets be honest I don't like to} but the shower thing.....I wouldn't have the first clue how to fix that! Thankfully we have another shower, but I HATE it!! The pressure is all wrong and it is TINY!! Its Adams shower and he cleaned it before he left, but that thing makes me claustrophobic beyond belief!! I don't know how he possibly showers in that thing everyday!! And if I want to shave my legs...forget about it....no room. Every time Adam is gone for even a few extra hours I think about all the single moms out there who do this stuff on their own everyday. I just cant imagine it. Not only is Adam my fix it guy, he is with out question my best friend {insert groan here} I know how cliche that sounds but for me its true!! Since the first day we met we have relied on each other for everything and really like each others company. That's not to say we spend every waking minute together, because we don't. I like my girl time with my friends...In fact I NEED my girl time to be my happiest me...but I always look forward to being home at the end of the day with him! SO this time in our lives is going to suck immensely!! We knew when he took this job that there was a high probability of him working all over the place, but while it was just a probability I was able to live in comfortable denial:) Last summer the stars all lined up and he worked a TON of hours, but was still home at the end of the day{or night} So even if all I saw were the backs of his eyelids he was still here....to say fix broken showers. But this year, not so lucky...in fact Id say pretty UNlucky. Not only is he not here, he is 4 hours away from here and busier than all get out. He assured me he would be home every weekend, which I knew to take with a grain of salt. I know that's what he has to tell himself or he could never leave. Last week was his first week gone and he was home for a whopping 11 hours. He kept his word as best as he could and drove home Sunday afternoon just to turn around and drive back at 3 a.m Monday morning. If that's not love I don't know what is!! If I ever question what kind of love Adam has for his boys and me, that right there is the answer!!!! But I have to whine and cry just a little because its just NOT enough!! It was enough to get me through Monday and a little of today....until Kyler woke up out of anesthesia from having his ear worked on and all he wanted was his dad. All I could say to comfort him was Me too buddy, more than you know. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, I say my heart was already SOOOOOO fond of this man, I don't need or want the absence!!! A couple days was enough to remind me how lucky I am to have him, now I want him back!!! So if someone could please give me this weeks winning lottery numbers Addison,Ethan,Kyler,and I would be very appreciative and we would even share the wealth....We just want our man back home!! Gosh I feel bad complaining when there are so many people struggling financially right now, and I am beyond THANKFUL that Adam has a job and can support us so well, just really wish his job was close to home:) Oh and I dont think my kids will get a good meal for the next few months....something about him being gone and I lost all desire to cook....Ahh who am I kidding I never had it in the first place:)

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I love yours and Adam's relationship and that you can see how much you love each other. Doug has been gone this week, and I'm counting down the hours till he gets home tonight. But...that's how it should be when you are married to your best friend. Doug is pretty handy, if you need help with anything! He won't mind me volunteering him...he loves helping people!