Sunday, October 14, 2012

St. George
 


My mom LOVES Volleyball. Actually she more than loves it, she lives for it! As long as I can remember, and even before I was born she has played twice a week. Growing up I couldn't wait to play with her but there was a rule, you have to be 18 to play. Every once in a while when they were short players I would get to step in and I remember feeling so happy to get to play a little. Everything in moms life revolves around her Monday and Friday mornings at the church gym, with my aunt playing volleyball. Well this summer mom told us she and our aunt Myrna were going to play in the senior olympics. I didn't even know there was such a thing but I was so excited for her!! Sounds pretty dang cool if you ask me!! SO beings the games were being held in St. George, a mere 6.5 hours away from here my sister Michelle and I decided it would be so much fun to go and watch them play. I am SOOOOO glad we did! What an amazing trip! I will never forget how proud I felt of my mom watching her do the thing that she loves most, playing volleyball:) But more than that, I had so much fun just hanging with my mom, aunt and sister. We talked, laughed, ate great food, laughed, shopped, played cards late into the night, laughed some more, visited with dear friends, met some new friends, laughed some more, and I have to say we turned quite a few old mens heads;)but most of all made memories that I will always hold very close. I haven't always been the best daughter, but this last few days I was reminded once again how lucky I am to have my mom. She inspires me to be a better me and I am so grateful I was able to spend this great time with her!! Love you MOM!!!!
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Clarissa said...

That is so awesome! What great memories!!

Shelly's Space said...

I am just now seeing this!! It's great to see the pictures of your mom and the team! Glad you had a good time:)