Thursday, October 27, 2011





Disney World '11








Earlier this year we started talking about all the different places we wanted to go for our family vacation this year. We hadn't gone anywhere to far from home since we went to Disneyland 3 years ago. We talked about so many different places, but finally came to the conclusion that we wanted to go to Disney World:) So after much searching and figuring and craziness I decided to use a travel agent and let her deal with the headache of finding flights and hotels and all that jazz. She did AMAZING!! Anyway the wait is finally over and we just got back from the most incredible vacation EVER!!








We spent a total of 4 days in the Disney parks and 1 day in Universal Orlando. The first full day we were there we spent in the Magic Kingdom, if I could do one thing differently I would have taken that day to relax at the hotel and maybe look around Orlando a little because looking back we were all so jet lagged and grouchy. The Magic Kingdom part of DW does not come close to the magic kingdom in CA. So it was almost like been there done that....We had fun, but I kept thinking that I had made a huge mistake and no one was going to have any fun on this vacation. Don't get me wrong, we were enjoying being there, but it was just a tiny bit of a let down. And man was it CROWDED!! This is the slow time of year there and Adam and I kept saying how we would hate to see what the busy time of year was like!! We also went to Epcot that night and it was fun but again I think we were just a little to tired to really enjoy it:(



The next day we went to Hollywood studios....Let the fun begin!! Thank goodness!! As we walked in there was a little comedy skit going on...it was so FUNNY! Ethan and Kyler totally loved it and drove us a little crazy the next few days imitating it! There is a few really good rides there. The one the kids liked best was the Aerosmith roller coaster....Addison figured out that if he went in the single rider line it was MUCH faster so that day he and Ethan and Kyler went on it without Adam and I. It scared Kyler to death but E and A LOVED it!! I never did get the courage to go on it, but Adam did go on it when we went back a couple days later and loved it! Apparently you rock out to Aerosmith while you wait and then there is a countdown and your off. That night we went to Fantasia, it was so cool!! Its a water show and its just amazing.



The next day they were expecting a huge storm to go through Orlando...so big they even closed down the 2 water parks! So we decided to just lay low and relax....we waited and waited for this huge storm to come and by afternoon it still hadn't come so we decided to head into downtown Disney and do some shopping. While we were there we had an artist sketch the kids...it turned out PERFECT!! Looking at it just makes me smile because you can really see their personalities coming out!! the funniest thing is he drew each kid separately and then he drew Kylers arms around his brothers...its funny because Ky would NEVER pose like that!! While we were there I kept smelling and seeing all these delicious deserts coming out of the gherideli chocolate store and decided I had to have one so later that night we went back for desert....its the most I have EVER paid for ice cream, but it was totally worth it and I ate every bite!!



The next day was still a little iffy weather wise so we went to Animal Kingdom....you know it always impresses me that my kids love animals so much!! There is one terrifying roller coaster there that my kids and Adam LOVED, but I HATED!! and a really cute bugs life 3d movie show, but other than that its like a big tropical zoo and it was so cool and fun. I thought my kids would be a little disappointed in the lack of exciting rides there but they loved the safari trek and seeing all the animals! I guess 1 scary roller coaster was enough for them to be happy:) Animal kingdom closes a little early so we left there and headed back to Hollywood studios since we loved it there so much and Adam wanted to catch a stunt show we missed when we were there the first time. He and the boys loved it so I'm glad we made it to see it!



The next day the "storm" had past {it never really hit} and we headed to Blizzard Beach! All of us have agreed it was our favorite day of the vacation. For Florida standards it was a little chilly and windy out so we basically had the park to ourselves. No lines, No waits, just rode the slides over and over again. This is also the day I got scared so badly I shook for a good 10 minutes AFTER the ride was over....on a water slide....which I normally LOVE!! I had seen this particular slide online and it looked so fun....once I saw it in person....different story!! Its 120 ft drop straight down FAST!! The guy working the line said they call it the wegginator and with good reason!! I think quite a few people saw more of me than they should have when I got off that slide!! But I'm glad I did it:) My boys would never let me live it down if I hadn't! We rode one slide in particular so many times...it was a racing slide and Adam kept beating us so we kept going trying to beat him, never happened but it was a ton of fun trying!! After the park closed we went and got ready for my bday dinner. We had planned on going to the House of Blues but one look at the menu and the lack of live music inside and we decided it wasn't for us. So we ended up going to a great steak house and it was delish!!



Friday we went to Universal Studios....A ton of fun for the boys....I did alot of waiting and watching. I am not into scary rides!! The boys all LOVED the rockin roller coaster. You get to pick your own music to listen to while you ride, altho I'm not sure how they heard it thru all the screaming! This day was a little disappointing for Kyler because he wasn't tall enough for the Hulk roller coaster that he was so looking forward to going on. I'm kinda relieved that he couldn't go because it was a good excuse for me to sit it out without being razzed for being to scarred:) Universal is also where Harry Potter is....Addison couldn't wait to go on the rides there! It was also the busiest part of our trip....so many people there!! The line was 75 minutes long for the biggest ride. It was really cool because the line wound thru the castle and the ride was pretty intense and fun. I think Aj was pretty impressed with it all!!



Saturday was chill by the pool and relax day and it was much needed by that point!! We al got a good tan and did alot of swimming!!



This post has gotten really long so Ill save the travel home story for another day:) I'm so thankful we got to spend this incredible time together as a family!! Many many many wonderful memories were made and I cant wait till our next one!!



Ps....I tried to put pictures on here but my computer is being stupid and its not working:(




1 comment:

RR said...

too fun..such a long flight..maybe we'll take liv to the CA disneyland