Friday, July 5, 2013

~10 days of Bliss~

10 days

 
We just got home from our first vacation of the summer. We had the best time enjoying family and friends. The only thing I'm bummed about is I forgot my camera, so the only pictures I got are on Adams Ipod. And he didn't get very many. Here are some high lights of our trip...

 
1. Flat tire right outside Boise, at around midnight their time....stopped at every hotel we saw, no rooms until Ontario! Thankfully there was a Les Schawb right across the street, got tire fixed the next morning, and headed out.
 
2. Stopped in Pendleton to swim at the little water park there. I was convinced it wasn't warm enough to swim, turns out I was wrong! Adam and the boys swam for a couple hours while I worked on my tan. Towards the end of the afternoon Adam was doing his signature cannon ball and ended up bursting his eardrum...OUCH!!
 
3. Spent Saturday and Sunday with Adams parents and family. Had fun visiting while the kids played.
 
4. Monday we spent with my parents and Rene. Went to Sky High, shopped at WA Square, then had a yummy dinner at mom and dads.
 
5. Tuesday we headed up to Chehalis to spend the rest of the week at Rene's...Ethan and Kyler got to go to soccer practice with their team. I think its safe to say they were missed by the team as much as they miss being part of it! I'm so glad they are able to see their team and still be part of it when we go home!!
 
6. Wednesday evening Rene, Darrell, Adam and I went to our favorite restaurant in Olympia, Falls Terrace. All I can say is YUM!!! Potato crusted halibut is to die for!! We really miss our date nights and all the fun times we have with R and D so it was really nice to go out just the 4 of us.
 
7. Thursday was my day! Clarissa has a gig at a little restaurant on Thursdays so Rene and I got to go listen to her play....I knew she would be amazing, but I was literally BLOWN AWAY!! She just started playing guitar in January and she is awesome!! After lunch Rene and I did a little shopping...again so great to hang with my sister! That night a few friends got together for Clarissa's birthday. We went to an open mic night at a coffee house. Clarissa wasn't sure if she would sing but with a little encouragement from us she did, again BLOWN AWAY!! I'm convinced she will be a big star someday :) We couldn't end the night without Applebees, so we headed over there for some girl talk and laughs. I just have to say MAN I MISS THOSE LADIES!!!!! It was so much fun and I wish it could have lasted longer!!
 
8. Friday morning we headed out to Black Butte for Adams family reunion. What a great weekend!!  We rented a huge house with Lenny Kristi Shannon and their families. It was so nice! Right by the pool and a perfect place for the huge family meals we had all weekend. I'm not sure who had more fun, Adam or the kids. Friday we just pretty much spent unloading and getting settled. We had a big taco dinner with everyone at Adams moms house. It was so fun to see everyone! Its been way to long! Saturday morning Kristi, Shannon and I put on breakfast for everyone it went really well once I got the waffle makers figured out! Then Adam took off golfing with the guys. He had the best time! Memories I'm sure he will hold onto forever. He kept telling me how great it was to hang with his brothers and do something they all enjoy. While he was gone the kids and I hung at the pool. It was so great seeing my kids reconnect with their cousins! Again so bummed I didn't have my camera!!!!!
That night we had the most awesome dinner!! Lenny shared his catch from Alaska with all of us! I ate more that night than I did the whole weekend! the best fish Iv had in a long time!
Sunday we spent the day at the pool with all the cousins. Probably my favorite day of the whole weekend. Visiting in the pool while the kids swam, lots of laughs and making plans for seeing each other again. We ended the day back at Adams moms for dinner and family pictures. Sadly Jared and Beth had already left but we got some good pictures. After pictures a few of us adults and all the kids played around on the golf course, running races and then a big baseball game. SO MUCH FUN!! I know my kids will remember it forever!! All in all there were alot of laughs and stories told. The drive home was just about silent from the back seat the kids were so worn out.
It was a GREAT 10 days, but I am so glad to be home.....Just to turn around and do it again 2 weeks later :) Gotta love family reunions!

No comments: